Behold The New Wonder Woman

Fri, 03/18/2011 - 17:54
Submitted by Carlin Ross

An unknown actress Adrianne Palicki (yes that's her real name) has been cast in the role of Wonder Woman for David E. Kelly's new television series based on the iconic superhero.

I'm not sure how I feel about the costume. It's definitely cooler that she's wearing pants but somehow it comes off a bit cheesy. Maybe it's the cheap looking latex. Linda Carter rocked the silk American flag bustier and stared out blue panties - it is a hard act to follow.

Dr. William Moulton Marston - the creator of Wonder Woman - was a feminist theorist. His whole intention in creating this character was to change the image of women from damsels in distress to strong ass bitches who saved the day. He was also a polygamist. And I'm pretty sure he was kinky with all the bondage themes in Wonder Woman.

He's left the planet but I would have loved to interview him about his "sexstyle" and opinions on feminism and monogamy. What an amazing legacy. I hope they don't fuck it up.

Editor in Chief & Keeper of All Things Betty Dodson

Comment viewing options

The outfit is pretty bad and

Sat, 03/19/2011 - 09:28
rob (not verified)

The outfit is pretty bad and although the woman is pretty her breasts look really fake in this picture... maybe highlighted by the fact that her latex outfit looks so fake.
I've got nothing against fake breasts but the point is to make them look real. That outfit doesn't help, even if they are real.
Cheers.

I'm not sure if Ms. Palicki

Sat, 03/19/2011 - 14:32

I'm not sure if Ms. Palicki qualifies as an "unknown actress". She's been in a few movies and several TV shows, including a regular role on "Friday Night Lights" (2006-2011).

The Wonder Woman outfit does look a little cheesy (especially against that white backdrop), but it seems to fit with the reported tone of the show: a mix of action, comedy, and drama.

I kinda like it

SarZol's picture
Sat, 03/19/2011 - 17:28

I think away from the harsh, white studio lights it will look hot. who cares if the boots are a different color. I love the ridges and the silhouette.

the outfit looks cheap

Sat, 03/19/2011 - 23:32

it just looks like one of those cheap "sexy" Hallowe'en costumes that you can find plastered all over the net in-season. Posing her against a white wall certainly enhances that percepetion (for me).
io9.com has some articles revealing casting tapes, costume ideas, script ideas, etc. none of which sound particularly promising.
Lynda Carter left an indelible impression on my young self, back in the day, and she leaves a legendary bustier to try to fill.

Wonder Woman

Handyman's picture
Tue, 03/22/2011 - 10:31

What? No shiny pantyhose? That's what turned me on to the Linda Carter days.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
By submitting this form, you accept the Mollom privacy policy.